Art Teacher Position
St. Margaret's School is conducting a search for an energetic and innovative faculty member to be the primary Visual Fine Arts teacher. This position will teach a variety of Visual Fine Arts offerings, including but not limited to drawing, painting, mixed media, digital photography, ceramics, and art history, along with a class for more accomplished students who are preparing portfolios. This position will require the individual to embrace boarding school culture and engage fully in school life.
● Enthusiasm for creative teaching, professional growth, and applying technology
● Belief in the transformative power of a girls' school
● Ability and enthusiasm for serving in a boarding community
● A love of water and embracing our river-centered program of study
● A Bachelor’s degree with an advanced degree preferred.
● Experience in an independent school setting, ideally to include boarding school experience.
● A demonstrated desire for continual professional growth.
● An understanding of contemporary best practices for the instruction of the arts to secondary students.
● A willingness to learn best methods for teaching in an all-girls environment.
● An ability to communicate thoughtfully with students, colleagues, parents, and various community members.
● A desire to contribute to all areas of school life, including athletics and co-curricular programming.
● A willingness to uphold the mission of the school.
This full-time, 10-month faculty position may include on-campus housing and a complete benefits package. Preference will be given to the individual who can serve as a dorm parent, living on-campus with girls in one of the residence halls.